Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Quickie Movie Review: "Paul"

0 comments
Well, my wife was finally able to pull me from my lair that is known as my computer room over the weekend, but she had to do so by promising to show my alien lifeforms.  Then she took me to see "Paul".  Okay, let me honest.  It really wasn't a hard sell for her.  I am a geek for all things science fiction.  Whether it's giant man-eating aliens or little green men, or large headed "greys".  I like them all.  Not prejudiced.  Plus this flick has a great cast.  With the likes of Simon Pegg, Nick Frost (both from "Shaun of The Dead" and "Hot Fuzz" fame), Jason Bateman, Seth Rogan (as Paul), Sigourney Weaver, and Kristen Wiig.  Not too mention a handful of cast from other movies and televsions shows who also make appearances.

The film was put together in a fashion that is fun, and provides a fresh take on classic alien films.  Think "E.T."; but funny and primarily for the old kids and adults.  Simon Pegg and Nick Frost play the films leads; who have just visited Comic-Con and are going on a road trip before heading back to the U.K.  The road trip has them visiting famous spots of alien contact or alien conspiracy.  On this trip they happen upon Paul, who is just looking to go home.  The hilarity ensues from there.

Not too mention there are so many references to other films that hold a place in every nerds heart.  From references to Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Back to the Future, E.T., Predator, and even Lorenzo's Oil.  Who can't like that?  Exactly, it's awesome.  End of story.

The movie is rated "R" for sexual references and drug use.  But you could also bunch the language in with the "R" rating as well.  Language aside, this film is truly awesome and I would recommend it to anyone who wants a fun movie to watch.  This one is for you!

See the trailer:

0 comments: