Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Time to Upgrade!

0 comments
The other day I received an email from my cell phone provider informing me that one of my lines is eligible for an upgrade.  So Monday afternoon I swung by my provider's store and chatted with a friend of mine who works up there and got the skinny on what it will cost me to upgrade.  And I had a little time to play around with a few phones to see which one I liked the most (it will be Android based).

And I have to admit that after playing with the Nexus S, HTC Evo 3D, HTC Evo Design, and the Samsung Galaxy Epic S2; that the Samsung Galaxy Epic S2 has captured my attention.  I have been reading up on it and man, that is a freakin' sexy phone.  I have been madly in love with my jailbroken iPod Touch now for a couple of years.  However, the battery isn't lasting nearly as long as it once did (an unfortunate plunder for just about every phone/mp3 player) and so I was looking for a device that would also serve for decent podcast listening (my main use for my iPod Touch).  And from everything I can tell, aside from the Epic S2 being a slick phone with a nice version of the TouchWiz UI overlayed ontop of Gingerbread, the whole phone seems to offer exactly what I'm looking for.  So hopefully within the next couple of weeks I'll be able to get my hands on some new Android goodness.

If this works out, look for some Android app review videos to hopefully start popping up over on my YouTube Channel at: http://www.youtube.com/techiesmarts

0 comments: