Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Free 2 Play...

0 comments
This month I have decided to startup a monthly feature based on Free 2 Play games. What kind of game qualifies as 'Free 2 Play'? Any game which offers a free client to download (or in some cases browser based), and does not charge a monthly subscription fee to play. Games that offer a 'Cash Shop' or 'RMT Transactions', but still offer a free game client/no subscription fees will be reviewed as well.

My goal is to go out and try a new game every month which falls under the 'Free 2 Play' category. Then I will come back and post my impressions of the game (good and bad) and other info that might help the gamer on a budget make up their mind as to which game they should look into. As well as giving a quick insight into how the community within the game handles new players.

These games will be pulled from every popular genre available (not just MMO). There are plenty of online first person shooters, racing games, and fantasy MMO's out there for just about anybodies taste. With times as tough as they are for many fellow gamers, I'm here to try and help.

By the end of the week, I will post the first in this series. It will cover my month in 'Runes of Magic'. So check back soon for more info!

0 comments: