Sunday, January 31, 2010

Team Fortress 2 Fun!

0 comments
Hi,
Just a quick note, this afternoon I was playing a little Team Fortress 2.  Usually I stick to the stock maps (2Fort, Turbine, SawMill, etc.).  I usually don't deviate too much into community made maps (of course I haven't played TF2 in a while anyways).  But this afternoon I figured I'd give another map a try.  When I loaded up the game (PC Version) I clicked on 'Find Servers' and scrolled down to the bottom of the list and I found a handful of people playing a map called '2Fort-2012'.  This picked my curiousity.


After jumping into the map, I immediately loved it.  I'm a big fan of the original 2Fort map, and I must be honest.  I haven't played any of the custom 2Fort maps.  But this one was fun.  As you can see from the pic above the maker(s) of the map did quite a bit to change it up.  The signature covered bridge from the original 2Fort has been twisted sideways.  But that's not all.  They also killed the lights on much of the map making it a lot fun to play as a Spy.  The usual load of Snipers and Scouts are still present because the map is in fact identical to the layout of the original 2Fort map.
The Hayroom has a Spy lodged in the floor from where a cross beam from the ceiling has fallen on him.  There are also casualties of the '2012' disaster all over the map.  From dead medics and engineers outside the Intelligence rooms on each side, but also a Medic impaled on a telephone pole as well.  There are also scenes of destruction from within the hallways of each base.  There is now debris littered about the area and a couple nooks and hiding places that have been blown away during the disaster.

While playing this map, I heard a lot of people in the game complaining about the level's darkness and the debris causing issues with moving around the map.  Personally, I didn't experience any of that.  The map is dark for a reason (to set the mood) and the overall redesign was a much needed change from the same-old-same-old.  If you play TF2, check it out sometime!

0 comments: