Friday, July 15, 2011

"Honeycomb 3.1? Not for you Acer a500 Owner! " -Acer

2 comments
Well, got home from work today and thought for some crazy reason I would check and see if my Iconia a500 tablet had prompted me for the Honeycomb 3.1 update...And nope, still nothing.  Also, it still says my device is up to date when attempting to manually search for the update as well.

It's about time for a scathing email to be sent to support and possibly another Live Chat just for kicks.  Also, the unveiling of the new 'Mad-Droid' is now:

2 comments:

  • July 19, 2011 at 4:15 PM

    Same probs. Saw your post searching on Google for answers. I contacted Acer UK support on Friday. It's now Tuesday 19th July but with no reply. Quite annoying that others in the UK have been getting it since July 6th or so! Where is my update I wonder...

  • July 20, 2011 at 6:00 PM

    I know, it is pretty annoying. Mine finally rolled in on July 18th (this past Monday night). I was crazy happy, so I immediately dropped what I was doing and let it update this time. So far so good after the update. So hopefully your update will be soon coming.

    I love the Android OS for mobile devices, but in my opinion the manufacturers need to really get on the ball and follow through with updates in a timely manner. At the rate that Acer is rolling out 3.1, the Xoom and ASUS Transformer will be running 3.2 (which is being tested now) by the time Acer rolls out the 3.1 update to all of it's customers. And that's a crappy way of doing things, in my opinion.