Saturday, July 2, 2011

Quick TV Review: Falling Skies

0 comments
I'm ashamed to admit that I have just watched the 'Falling Skies' premiere episodes (well all but the last 20 minutes).  And I must go on the record to say that I really enjoyed what I have seen thus far. The show is well written and well put together.  It's not quite on the same level as 'The Walking Dead' was during it's first season.  But it's close.

What's the deal? The show picks up about 6 months or so after an alien invasion of what becomes known as the 'Skitters'.  And the story follows Tom Mason (Noah Wyle) as he takes 2nd in command of a group of refugees and fighters trying to survive as part of the '2nd Massachusets Militia Regiment'.  Meanwhile, he is looking for one of his son's who has been taken by the dreaded Skitters. 

I look forward to catching up on my backlogged episodes to get up to speed for this weeks episode.  And with the likes of Steven Speilberg as one of the executive producers, I'm sure we'll all be in for a treat.  Now if only 'Tera Nova' would've premiered this summer (instead of fall) I'd be happy.

0 comments: