Sunday, July 17, 2011

Movie Review: 'Harry Potter: The Deathly Hallows Pt.2'

0 comments
So today I broke down and saw the new Harry Potter film.  What did I think about it?  Would I recommend it to others?  2D or 3D?  Read on for the details.  And for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, I'll be as spoiler free as possible.

Now to be honest, I'm not a huge Potter fan.  I haven't read the books, and all I know about the characters is based off of how the movies portray them.  And the movies have been mostly hit or miss for me.  Most of them I like fairly well with only minor parts of the films not meaning much to me (such as quiditch).  With that being said, I literally just watch 'Deathly Hallows Pt. 1' on Friday night courtesy of a local RedBox.  And it was a great experience.

And 'Part 2' was even better.  The film really seemed to capture a much darker side of the 'Potter-verse'.  With parts being downright creepy at times.  And they really seemed to capture the menacing feel of Voldemort's character as well.  And some of the fighting was brought to life in am awesome manner.  Unlike some of the previous Potter flicks, there were small portions that couldn't keep my attention.  However, not in this release.  I was captivated from the time it started until the credits rolled.

And yes, I'd easily recommend it to anyone who was interested.  Unless you are loking for something to take the real young ones to see.  There is some rather tense moments that might freak out the younger crowds.  Otherwise, knock your socks off.  You'll not be disappointed.

We saw the movie in 2D, mostly because I can't justify spending the extra money to feel like I've been sold a gimmick.  If 3D is your cup of tea, than check it out.  There is no shortage of things I am sure will take advantage of the 3D effects. Personally, I was thoroughly entertained with the 2D viewing.

All in all, if I were to give this movie a rating based on a 5 star scale, it would be an easy 4.5 stars.  And I may possibly have to go and read the books now.

0 comments: