Thursday, September 8, 2011

Android Tablet App Review: TweetCaster

0 comments
I run an Acer Iconia a500 Honeycomb Tablet, and the default social networking app included with it out of the box (SocialJogger) leaves you needing quite a bit more from a social network hub/client/aggregator, etc.  So upon browsing through the Android Market I found TweetCaster.  And immediately fell in love.

The app works extremely well, and seems to put the User Interface together in a way that makes sense.  Let's face, I don't like to over complicate things.  And some of the Twitter clients out there definitely do this.  For me, I have a single Twitter account and don't use things like lists.  I simply have the people I follow and my tweets displayed.  And for that use, TweetCaster definitely delivers.

Everything from launching the app (which is extremely fast, and has been nothing but stable for me) to retweeting with a comment is very simple.  And believe it or not, but I found several Twitter clients out there that only allow a retweet; but doesn't allow a retweet with a comment.  Which is imperative for quickly answering a question or making a comment.  I also like the built in Web Browser.  This function is extremely nice when people share a link you don't actually have to leave the app to go the the device's default web browser.

One note, the built in web browser doesn't always handle every link without issues.  However, if you are having issues displaying the contents of a linked page within the In-App Web Browser, tap the upper right corner on the Options Menu and choose to view in the 'Browser'.  At this point you will jump to the device's default web browser to view the link.  Pressing the App Switcher Icon down at the bottom left will left you choose to jump back into TweetCaster when you're done.

If you're a social networking junkie who loves to tweet, than I'd highly recommend TweetCaster.  There is a TweetCaster Pro, so if you like the app I'd suggest dropping the $4.99 for it to support the devs.  However, there are enough features built into the free versions, you'll not go wanting much else.

App in Review: TweetCaster
Rating:


Pro's: Easy to use, slick user interface.  Simple and elegant the way a Twitter client should be.  Fast to boot and very stable.
Con's: Can't think of any besides the built in web browser sometimes doesn't display sites as it should.

0 comments: