Wednesday, September 21, 2011

New Facebook Layout?! What the crap?

0 comments
Okay, we all knew Facebook would be changing up it's layout before too long.  But holy crap, when I logged in this afternoon I was assaulted by a platoon of pop up boxes telling me how to use their new layout.  How the crap is this accessible to everyone?  I went to make my first status update of the day and I had to answer three prompts before I could post it.  I kind like the update section at the top right of the page, because it looks cool.

But otherwise, the remaining 85% of the page is complete information overkill.  And by way of their new 'Smart Lists' is feels almost like they are recycling ideas from Google+.  If you are using the Google+ app for Android, you can swipe from the left to right and access a 'Who's Nearby' screen that will give you posts from people near your geographic location.  Now Facebook is doing something similar?

What do you think?  Like it?  Information Overload?  Let me know!

0 comments: