Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Android App Review: Meganoid

0 comments
One of the other apps I've gotten into lately would be Meganoid.  This game was developed by the folks over at Orange Pixel.  And in short, I can easily describe this game as the funnest frustration you may ever have.  If it's one thing they make known in the Android Market listing is that "this game is not easy".

When I saw that statement, I found myself subconsciously clicking 'Install' on my Tablet's Market Browser.  I'm always up for a good challenge.  And I must say that this game has met that challenge.  So here's the deal.  The game is a throwback to the good old 8-bit days of gaming's past.  With simple graphics and simple gameplay the difficulty ramps up as your progress through the game.  From jumping on moving platforms to clearing pits of spikes it's all here from what we know and love about those old platformer games.  Even the sound will take you back to the days of classic Mega Man.

The controls are easy to learn; you have a left and right arrow to move accordingly.  And a jump button.  That's it.  You can execute a double jump by hitting the jump button again once you're airborn.  This game is charming but challenging.  And to beat it all, it's price is great.  It's free!

I would have paid for this game.  That is how good it is. It even supports Open Feint for trophy and achievement tracking.  And if your not so sure try out TimeChaos on the web to see what Orange Pixel has up their sleeve:
http://orangepixel.net/timechaos/flash/

I rate it: 5 out of 5 stars!



Pro's: The controls are easy to use.  It's a great retro throwback to 8-bit platformer titles.
Con's: It's difficulty can melt your brains at times.

Visit the Android Market to Download it for your device: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.meganoid.engine&feature=search_result

0 comments: