Monday, October 3, 2011

Tired of Junk Email?

0 comments
Email
Have you ever visited a website and they had a really cool product or service, but you're not keen on the idea of forever getting their spam in your email's inbox?  I've bumped into a couple of sites where I needed to share a file with a co-worker (we have to share pdf files from time to time); and my co-worker used this particular site to share it.

For a one time use, I didn't necessarily want to sign up for their service.  Mostly because it didn't have as much value to me as it did for my co-worker.  So why not use a disposable email address?  There are numerous sites out there that provide you with a quick, random, one-off email address that allows you to get a confirmation email for whatever service you're needing quick access to.  Just long enough to get a free sign up finished.  Then the email is killed.  You get access without the spam that comes later.

Where do you go to do this?  I have used the following sites myself, and have been happy with their service.
- Mailinator.com
-10MinuteMail.com
-GuerrillaMail.com

These are just a few, there are many more out there.  As always, be aware of your security.  I would highly advise against using these services to sign up for websites that handle your sensitive, personal data (ie.: banking, bill pay, etc.).  But for the quick forum sign up, or instant messaging account.  These sites are inbox-savers!

0 comments: