Saturday, October 8, 2011

Netflix + Iconia A500 Hands On!

2 comments


Now that I have had my hands on a working Netflix app on my Acer Iconia a500 for a couple of days I figured it would be good to post a follow up to see how things are going with it.  And I am happy to report that it is working just fine.  The Netflix Browser Interface resembles that of any other mobile device's Netflix app.  Once the streaming has started I have experienced some fuzzy video for the first few seconds of the flick I'm watching and then it clears right up.

I can only assume this is due to the app adjusting video quality to the available network connection.  Regardless, it doesn't detract from the experience.  I have encountered no force closes or crashes either (my iPod Touches Netflix app is crash happy) which is awesome.  All in all the app has been a great experience and I'm so happy the guys at the XDA Developers forum took care of it!

2 comments: