Saturday, October 15, 2011

Tablets Owners Do Play Games!

0 comments
If you own a tablet, do you also play games on it?  My answer is definitely yes!  Why would you carry around a device with an awesome display, and plenty of horse power to play games.  And then not play them?  That sounds crazy to me!  And with mobile gaming becoming more competent as weeks go on; making them attractive to more than just the casual puzzle gamer.  Why not?

Well, apparently a study was conducted for the month of September that concluded that 23% of U.S. tablet owner's played at least one game every day on their tablet during the month.  This equates to two-thirds of tablet owner's enjoying mobile gaming goodness.  Other popular activities enjoyed via tablets inlcude: listening to music, YouTube, streamed online content (like TV shows), and of course using their tablets as e-readers.  Whether it be magazines or ebooks.

What does this tell us?  The numbers seem to suggest that more and more people are using tablets.  No surprise there.  But one thing comes to my mind when we see these kind of studies.  If tablet use is becoming so prevalent; then how come we don't see people at Starbucks and at the Mall sitting around messing with their tablets?  Around my area I see plenty of people sitting around playing on their smartphones.  But not so many tablets.  I, for one would rather sit at home and jam away at a game, rather than actually play it on the go.  Mostly because out in public there is some much going on I find it hard to concentrate fully on tasks like games and reading lengthy articles.  Just not my cup of tea.  But sitting on the couch with my feet kicked up...That's game time around my house.

For more info on the exact study and statistics visit: http://8b08ac42.tinylinks.co

0 comments: